Saturday, March 29, 2008

when you try to live simply...


....it doesn't take much to make you happy.

I was up at church the other day and asked C. if she had any boxes.

"You need boxes?" called Pastor from the other room.

"Yep," I said.

"Come with me."

We marched over to the vacant parsonage. Tromped through the unplowed driveway. Down a flight of stairs. Lo and behold there, under the steps, neatly stored, were boxes and boxes and boxes.

We dragged them up a flight over stairs, through the snow and loaded them into the back of the minivan.

When I got home, I schlepped them down the stairs and up the stairs. When they were all in the house I counted them. 30 boxes of varying sizes and 7 wardrobe boxes.

Since I arrived home Thursday noon with my Magnificent Stash of Boxes, I have been a packing maniac. I packed up all of Daniel's room (he had left for school a few hours earlier), both china cupboards and half of my kitchen. My side of the closet is packed - except for the stuff that needs to go in the wardrobe, all my music is packed, except for the music I'm playing Sunday morning. My punch bowl, cups and canning jars. All packed. All my sewing stuff is packed, as well as all the other craft stuff. I packed up the game closet and filled one box with gardening stuff out in the garage.

Now that I have all these boxes at my disposal, I have really been making progress. We leave sometime next week for house hunting in TN. I want to have as much of the packing done before that as I possibly can.

Feel free to come over and help. Just don't sit down in one place for very long. I might wrap you up in bubble wrap and pop you into a box.

Come to think of it...has anyone seen Patrick lately?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The worms -- I have been concerned about the worms. Are you taking them with you? Are you leaving them with a loving family and switching to Tennessee worms? Will they go along and sit on the back seat, safely strapped in with a good supply of peeling for a snack?
kjh

Anonymous said...

Me thinks the worms will be caste away.

DOD

Anonymous said...

Good job packing, Cheri! At 50 cents a pound for the movers, I hope your van will be stuffed for your trip to T.! (That is the thrifty dutch in me speaking.) Look for Pat in your sewing, craft box....you were probably dreaming about your next project when you packed that one up. We'll miss you! Linda

Cheri said...

At this point, we are planning to take the worms with us. That is subject to change though. I do have a very good foster family lined up should they stay.

Then yes, we will switch to Tennessee worms.

LOL Dad!

Yes Linda, the van will be full!