Tuesday, April 01, 2008

no foolin'

The dire predictions of 6-10 inches of snow came true. March, which had come in like a lion, also went out like a lion. I don't think it is supposed to do that.

Our porch steps completely were free from snow yesterday morning, now not so much.
The snow covered trees are beautiful, but take my word for it. This is much prettier in December than in April.

Our deck was also snow free. As you can see, now it isn't.

Area schools are closed, though I'm sure many children thought their parents were pulling an April Fool's prank on them when they were informed of the snow day.

The first part of my walk this morning was more of a trudge. Then the plow came through, which you would think would make walking easier. Nope. The plow took off the top layer of snow leaving behind the slushy underlayer which was now polished to a nice flat slippery surface.

Almost immediately after the plow went by, I fell. While I would like to think that I went down very gracefully, I'm pretty sure that is not true. Arms flailing, back wrenching, THUD.

Thankfully, I'm not hurt (unless you count my pride). I thought I had gotten through my last winter here without falling. Once again, I was wrong.
~~~~
Our remedy to all this snow? We are leaving town. Tomorrow, Lord willing, we are headed to Tennessee. To House Hunt. Something we have not done for over 30 years. We will look at a half dozen houses. I have check lists ready for each one. Address. Brief description. Pros and cons for each room. Hopefully we will be able to keep all these houses straight and can find the right one.

One of my Sunday School kids told his parents that he thought we should be on "House Hunters". If we were, I'd be the one tripping and falling in and out of the houses.

Blogging may be sporadic for the next week or so. Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the thrill of the hunt! Take your camera and/or video and document the houses. If you are as visual as I am, it will click once you see the pics. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy house hunting! I am staying close to home with a flu-infested child..since 2 AM. (There's a grammar error in there somewhere.) Glad you didn't travel until after the storm. Linda

Anonymous said...

Cheri, this is jessie. i was thinking of a new name for your blog and mom and i could only come up with one...Tennessee Tales.

Molly said...

Good luck with the home hunting! And, I hope you have a safe trip! I'm looking forward to reading your blogs from Tennessee!