Thursday, April 10, 2008

paper work

Lady Writing Letter with her Maid
by Jan Vermeer
ca. 1670

I could use a maid about now. Or at least an office assistant.

The paper work!

At my computer, I am working on assembling all the Nesbit info to pass on to my successor. Emails to print out, documents to find. Photo albums. This is one pile of stuff.

Then there is all the real estate stuff:
1) Info for selling this house
2) Info for selling the office (did I tell you we sold the office? - if I didn't, let me know, it is a cool story)
3) The contract for purchasing our new home
4) The contract for purchasing a half lot next to our home. Our new next door neighbor thought it would be a good idea to split the lot between us to afford a bit more privacy (and gardening space!)
5) Info from the moving company
6) Change of address stuff from the post officee

Everything is in its own file folder, but all four of the real estate documents (which are pages and pages long) look alike to me and I fear getting them mixed up.

This is all very exciting though, and I find myself waking in the night, mentally placing our furniture in the new home.

Thanks for all the nice comments on our house. It is a much nicer house than we ever thought we would own. Thanks to God's provision and His timing we are getting a good deal on this and it should be a good investment as well as a beautiful place to live.
~~~~~
I saw three eagles on my walk this morning. Two of them were involved in some sort of a tussle, but they are amazing to watch. So graceful and majestic. And powerful.

When I get tired and overwhelmed with the work yet to be done here not to mention everything to be done when we arrive in TN (although, that will be fun work), I am reminded of Isaiah 40:31:
"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

This morning's devotions in First Samuel reminded me of how important waiting upon the Lord is. Saul, Israel's first king, repeatedly took matters into his own hands and forfeited God's blessing.

Despite all you have to do today take time to wait upon the Lord. He will renew your strength.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I imagine the 6-10 inches of snow we are supposed to get tonight will motivate you to get your paperwork done and MOVE as soon as possible! My sister-in-law dropped us an email from New Jersey about our snow that is coming, mentioning it was 72 degrees in Jersey. I suppose we will get emails like that from you soon, each spring from T. Just think, you will probably have tomatoes before we even plant ours here....Good verse for the day. Linda

Anonymous said...

Ha! Linda is funny. BB told me she was heading to Wausau with P today so that she could not sit around and think about the impending storm.

Come see what I made for dinner last night. It will give you hope.

Anonymous said...

Tell the story about the office! Or you can email all of your friends individually, as if you have time for that!

I am actually looking forward to the big storm. I am thinking of it as a going away party for you! Probably just big talk ....again.

I would sign this but I can't remember my user name or password. I scare myself sometimes.

Joyce Johnson said...

Just dropped into the blog to catch up on your whirlwind! I'm thankful that you found a home close to your parents. what a blessing that it is such a beauty!! Enjoy all the precious moments in this next step journey. I'm not sure you should get rid of the fish.....

Anonymous said...

I love this painting! I do wonder about the maid. Is she required to be there in case the ink runs dry? Is she just passing through to check, and is looking out the window at all the new snow? Is she really the better speller and thesaurus resource? Maybe not, but still. . . . What??

You will be fine with all the papers. My guess is you will be keeping all the real estate pro's on the straight and narrow with your good filing system.

I also want to hear the selling of the office story. Last we heard, you had someone interested.

kjh

Cheri said...

Linda, I won't send gloating emails - I'll send invitations! Come on down, y'all!

Hope you enjoyed your sweet corn, Becky.

Office story tomorrow. Annonymous. :)

Thanks, Joyce!

Karen, I love that painting too - as well as other Vermeer's.