
The nice thing about flying by the seat of your pants is that you make mid stream course changes (sorry about the mixed metaphor).
Natural Bridges turned out to be a disappointing Tourist Trap. With two capital t's. I'm sure the
rock formations are quite beautiful, since God made them. But man came in and added a:
Wax Museum!
Gift Shop! (the size of a small mall)
Drive Through Zoo!
Get Your Picture taken with the Baby Tigers! (while you are driving through?)
We kept the exorbitant admission fee in our own pockets and kept driving. I guess we are too accustomed to the Great Smoky National Forest and the Nicolet National Forest where you can see God's creation for free (or a small donation).
We are leaving the beautiful state of Virginia shortly and will be heading for Lancaster County, PA.
Amish Country.
1 comment:
I was so surprised to see you are
blogging. Remember about Amish
country - if you stay I am so there.
Love Ya,
Ann
P.S. Hi Mom and Dad, take good care
of my friend in the big city, she is a small town girl with a big heart.
Post a Comment