Wednesday, March 11, 2009

forget me not?


She looked to be about my age. She was standing in the Malwart parking lot, hand extended and sweeping across the parking lot; clicking away on the panic button on her car keys.
"Can't remember where you parked?" I asked.
She smiled.
"Been there, done that," I commiserated.
~~~~~~
There was a cup of coffee on the counter at the gas station when I paid for my once a week cappuccino (which is mostly hot chocolate with a touch of french vanilla coffee to help me feel more like a grown-up).
I pointed it out to the clerk. She laughed.
"That's Danny's. He went out of here a few minutes ago and left without paying. Came back in and paid and I guess he left without coffee."
~~~~~
Our neighbor reportedly shot a skunk the other night. Upon further examination he discovered that the varmit was only a piece of black plastic. A now very dead piece of black plastic. Ooops. He will most likely not hear the end of this.
~~~~~
I put Mom and Dad's garbage out last night. But not before their across the street neighbor got his out. Sorry, Mom and Dad. Didn't mean to let you down. Competition is pretty fierce amongst the retirees in the 'hood.
~~~~~
You will all be very disappointed to learn, after all these riveting stories, that I will not be posting tomorrow.
Because I am getting my long-suffering-not-a-morning-person husband up at dark-thirty to take me to the airport so I can fly to Minneapolis where I will be met by sister Suzi.
Posting from the road in a few days if I remember....

2 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

Praying you have a most wonderful time and safe journey!
Take your camera!
Blessings!

Candy said...

Have lots of fun, Cheri! Oh yeah, safe travels, too!