
the roses beneath our bedroom window
There is now a probable case of swine flu in Knoxville. The middle school student and his family have been quarantined and his school is closed for the week. An overly cautious or a prudent reaction?
I don't intend to debate that here today, but I am praying for that family. Do they have enough food in the house to feed them all for a week? Do they have neighbors who are willing to pick up groceries for them? Apparently the student has recovered and is feeling fine now and did not attend school most of last week. Still, I am sure that people's response to this will range from nonchalance to panic.
Me? I tend not to worry much about anything, preferring instead to trust God for my well-being. Or for His care if my being is not so well. Worry is unproductive, but planning is prudent. Yes?
What would you do if you found yourself unable to get to the grocery store for a week or so? Would you have enough food to eat? We would be fine, because as you may know, when food goes on sale I buy quantities of it. That is more about saving money though, than about worrying about pandemics. Still, we have enough variety to keep menus interesting for a week or two and then enough spaghetti, or rice and beans to last until we are good and tired of them.
~~~~~
I have some good news to announce tomorrow. For now though, Mom, Dad and I are heading up to the big city for some routine lab work. Seems like we just did this a week ago. Oh, wait. We did!
1 comment:
I'm with you, Cheri. I'm not much of a worrier and we have plenty of food to last us for a week or two. We don't have a lot of food in the house because of a pandemic either, it is because I am too lazy to go grocery shopping all the time! That is not one of my favorite chores to do, so when I do go - lookout! I stock up! Then I just run in for milk, eggs, fresh fruit and veggies when needed.
Post a Comment