The good:
This beautiful clematis is planted by our neighbor's mailbox. We have planted two clematis vines that will (hopefully!) flower next spring with deep purple flowers.The bad:
Can you see the black widow spider? Click on the image to enlarge it. We found this spider in the rock wall outside our bedroom window.
Can you see the black widow spider? Click on the image to enlarge it. We found this spider in the rock wall outside our bedroom window.The ugly:
Black widow spider doing what black widow spiders do. This was supper.Now, we could FREAK OUT and moan and groan about having black widow spiders in residence (okay, maybe we did do that for a few minutes) or we could focus on what is beautiful and lovely around here.
Lots and lots of beautiful flowers to enjoy around here. We do need to be wary, though. I don't weed in the rocks first thing in the morning or in the evening. Black widow spiders are nocturnal. Thankfully, I am not.
I'll be out in the daylight, focusing on the beauty:

4 comments:
I do believe Courtney could use a bit of your encouragement :)
I've had much experience with clematis.
They don't like mulch, or metal trellises. They do like cool roots and wood trellises.
I planted a small burning bush in front of mine, and it works wonders.
They're beautiful indeed. Good luck!
Nocturnal ? That ol' boy's schedule is off then.
Poor Courtney. I'll try to alleviate her fears....
Sarah, we did everything wrong then! We have a metal trellis and wood mulch. But I hope to replace the wood mulch with a low growing perennial. Up north we had a naturalized carpet of violets in front of them. It was very pretty.
Yes, anon, all the black widow spiders we have seen have been in the daytime. But we have READ that they are nocturnal. Apparently Tennessee black widow spiders don't read.
Post a Comment