Wednesday, May 06, 2009

a year down the road

A year ago yesterday, we signed the papers for this house. Agreed to become residents of Tennessee. I looked back on my post from a year ago

and remembered all that happened during that whirlwind week. Phew. How did we manage all that?



We are quite settled in now. I look outside the window and see well-established flowers, shrubs, trees, gardens and lawns. Inside pictures are hung, boxes are unpacked, I work with ease now in my kitchen. It is easier to work in the garage too, thanks to Mom and Dad's shelves and workbench and Pat's hard work in getting things in order.



What a difference a year makes. This next year will bring a wedding in July, a graduation next May...Lord willing...beyond that we can't know. We rest in the knowledge and security of God's protection and provision and are thankful for all His good gifts.


"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;

His love endures forever."

Psalm 107:1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed He IS good. And y'all have integrated into the southern culture very well. It was fun to follow your journey.

Now ... go celebrate!!

Anonymous said...

As I walked by your house tonight I just thought "it just ain't the same here without her". Love ya

Cheri said...

Becky, I think I will celebrate by picking strawberries - as soon as things dry out!

Miss you too Ann!