Here is the promised recipe for rhubarb bars.
I used the fourth recipe from the top. When I make this again, I will line the pan with parchment paper. Even though I greased the pan and there was butter in the crust, I had a difficult time removing the bars from the pan.
And as I mentioned before, these are delicious (reminiscent of lemon bars), but not very appetizing in appearance. Next time I think I will garnish each square with a strawberry slice.
And speaking of sweet things!! Look at this picture I 'borrowed' from Kristi's facebook wall. Who cares about rhubarb bars when you can stare at this delightful little boy!
I looked through some of Jon's baby pics yesterday and see a strong resemblance. When I get around to scanning a photo or two, I'll post them and let you be the judge.
See how Josh curls his toes - his daddy did/does that too!

I used the fourth recipe from the top. When I make this again, I will line the pan with parchment paper. Even though I greased the pan and there was butter in the crust, I had a difficult time removing the bars from the pan.
And as I mentioned before, these are delicious (reminiscent of lemon bars), but not very appetizing in appearance. Next time I think I will garnish each square with a strawberry slice.
And speaking of sweet things!! Look at this picture I 'borrowed' from Kristi's facebook wall. Who cares about rhubarb bars when you can stare at this delightful little boy!
I looked through some of Jon's baby pics yesterday and see a strong resemblance. When I get around to scanning a photo or two, I'll post them and let you be the judge.
See how Josh curls his toes - his daddy did/does that too!

Trees are being planted today. We think. It is supposed to be in the lower 90's, but the weather lady cheerfully announced that 'it will feel more like 100-105'. Yippee. We will keep the plants and people plied with water and sweet tea respectively.
Then we will retreat into the house to 'stare a hole' in the above picture.
5 comments:
Love the tie! Reminds me of a certain doctoral student's toddler days.
kjh
I'd rather take a bit out of that sweet child than a rhubarb bar any day. He's a doll. And in a few years he will really, really resent that anyone called him a doll.
He is such a handsome little gent! I'd stare a hole in the pic too.
Thanks for the recipe ~ I have ooddles of rhubarb that needs fixin'!
Blessings!
From yesterday.....did you know the "County Extension" person here is our friend Mary S.? She would be helpful, but look me in the eye and tell me I could figure this out for myself. ( I love her.) If the organic gardening book that I got from the library doesn't help, I'll bother her. Josh is as handsome as is possible. My rhubarb is growing ( a new transplant from a friend after a family member rototilled the old plant under) and I will soon want to try some recipes. I hear strawberry-rhubarb pie is good but I have never tried to make it. It is 70 here today with thunderstorms expected. Hope your trees get in today. Then you will just have to make a cup of tea and stare at them. (By the way, the sweet tea at McDonalds was delicious...I finally tried it.) Linda
Thans for all your comments, sweet ladies!
Linda, careful the sweet tea is addictive! And if you talk to Mary S. about your bugs, give her my love!
Post a Comment