Monday, June 11, 2018

look on the bright side

For the last few years, I've been fairly quiet here on the blog.  Trying in fits and starts to get back into it - to remember/define my reason for being here (on the blog).

Today's reason - whether anyone is reading or not - is to record the special events of the last few weeks.

My hubby needed surgery.  I teach a ladies' Bible study.  The date for the surgery was set.  We changed our Bible study date.  The date for the surgery was changed.  We changed our Bible study again.  The date for the surgery was changed again.  I told the ladies, "I don't have any other available dates to change - I guess you will just have to come to the surgical waiting room and have Bible study there.

And they agreed.

I love these ladies so much.  We have done much of life together.  They blessed me so much by agreeing to be with me in the waiting room.

We have been studying the joy-filled book of Philippians.  This was our last chapter- chapter 4.

My hubby was in the next room undergoing a 5 hour surgery. The ladies and I were praying for him and the surgical team.  We were  reading and applying these life-giving words and principles:

  • rejoice
  • let your gentleness be evident to all
  • the LORD is near
  • do not be anxious about anything
  • present your requests to GOD (with thanksgiving)
  • the peace of GOD will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus
  • the GOD of peace will be with you
  • peace that transcends understanding.
Moreover, we talked about thinking about these things (found in Phil. 4:8:):

  • whatever is true
  • whatever is noble 
  • whatever is right
  • whatever is pure
  • whatever is lovely
  • whatever is admirable
  • anything excellent
  • anything praiseworthy

With these truths running through my head - I found it impossible to be anxious about his surgery.

I'm so thankful for God's word.  So thankful for fellow believers.  So thankful that he is improving every day.  

We still have some challenges ahead of us.  But we have a  Faithful, Loving GOD guiding us every step of the way.

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

What an absolutely beautiful group of friends!
Prayers from Pennsylvania for your hubby.