No worries. Here are some diy ideas for hand sanitizer:
Hand Sanitizer 1
Hand Sanitizer 2
Hand Sanitizer 3
Hand Sanitizer 4
Hand Sanitizer 5
You may have missed the boat on acquiring a bottle or 5 of hand sanitizer, but check your cupboards - you might have the supplies needed to concoct your own. Each of the recipes is slightly different, so if you don't have the ingredients for the first one, you may have the ingredients for another.
Hand sanitizer shelves may be empty, but you can probably find the ingredients to make some.
Plus, you don't need to use sanitizer at home, as soap and water is said to be very effective.
The surgeon general is telling us not to buy masks. But if you are uncomfortable with this recommendation, can't find masks, can't afford masks etc. you can make your own.
The nearest case of COVID19 to us is 200 miles away, so at this point I am not too concerned. We have plenty of food in the house for the next month or two. Since we are retired (but not inactive) we can choose to hunker down if necessary.
Praying for those affected by COVID 19. My parents spent their last years in a Life Care Center such as the one in Washington State which has had several residents die from the outbreak. The impact on the community is huge and I can only imagine how scared the remaining residents, staff and their loved ones are.
Over and over again in the Bible we are counseled to 'Fear not'. Those are very comforting words to me. We are not afraid, we are prepared as far as we can be, but we trust in God and leave the results to Him.
We are in very, very, very Good Hands.

3 comments:
Indeed we are. And thank you for the links. Blessings, Pam in Norway
Hi there,
I came across your lovely blog when I ventured over from Patsi's "A working Pantry". I loved reading through your grandma series, it brings back many memories.
Thank you for the sanitiser links, I have been dabbling with making my own as there is a shortage in the stores. It is not something that I would normally buy, just covering my bases with the CONVID 19 virus threat looming closer.
I will be back to visit :)
xTania
@Winkel's Crazy Ideas - There is such a peace that passes understanding when we trust in God! Hope the links are helpful!
@ Tania - thank you for stopping in! I loved typing up the grandma series - fond memories. Like you, I don't normally buy sanitizer, but things are different now!
Cheri
Post a Comment