It was several years ago. Summer time. There was a knock on the door and our good friend Bill was standing on the porch.
"I'm on my way to Tom's(his son) baseball game and I need a favor."
"Sure", I said.
"I was driving to the game and the lady in front of me hit and killed a deer. She didn't want it, so I gutted it on the side of the road and threw it in the back of my truck. Do you mind if I hang it in your garage?"
My husband was a fishing guide at the time. He was out with his boat and the garage stall was empty.
"Sure," I said.
He strung the deer up from the roof trusses and headed on out to the game.
I was watching for my husband to come home. Somehow, I missed his arrival.
Imagine his surprise when he began to back the boat into the garage....
~~~~~~
Fast forward to yesterday. Friends of ours have an ebay business. We save small boxes for them to use for shipping out their product.
We had an accumulation of boxes (you too?) and I let them know I was going to drop them off.
"Sure, put them in the garage. We might not be home, but you know how to get in."
Imagine my surprise when I entered the garage with an armload of boxes and hanging from the trusses? Yep.
Life in the Northwoods.

No comments:
Post a Comment