Saturday, May 02, 2009

downpour

Ahhh...rain. Heavy rain that will force us to stay indoors today. But there is plenty to do inside. This past week was beautiful and we had the windows open everyday. From the screen porch, living room and Pat's office the smell of lilacs was heavenly. And from our bedroom window the breezes carried in the subtle fragances of the roses. And lots of pollen. Must dust today.

Mom and Dad gave us some shelving for our garage, so that is another project we can tackle. Filling and organizing the shelves. We have almost lived here a year and we still have stuff in boxes on the garage floor. Not much - but it will be nice to get it onto shelves. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

~~~~~
After posting yesterday about Twitter, I laughed out loud when we received our weekly newspaper from up north. Joe Heller, a cartoonist for the Green Bay Press Gazette, captured exactly what I was thinking about Twitter.

The scene is an internet cafe. A young couple is at one table; an older couple at the next. The younger gal is texting, the younger man is typing away at his (Mac) laptop.

"I've got a blog, videos on youtube, a facebook and myspace page and with twitter I continually update everyone on what I'm doing!" says the young man.

"So, what are you doing?" asks the older lady.

"I just told you...." replies the young man.
~~~~~~

Hope you have a great weekend and find time to step away from the computer, the cell phone, the television.....





5 comments:

swansmith said...

Hey there,
I posted my thoughts on Twitter on your comments from yesterday's post. I also posted some pictures of Mark's house on my blog! It's been through quite a transformation!
Love you,

Suzi

Anonymous said...

Send some of that rain to your neighbors in Florida will ya??

And about Twitter. I don't Tweet. I don't Text. I had the text feature on my phone completely removed. I don't even want to THINK about being that connected to any device. But that is just me.

Curly said...

I'm glad you are smelling lilacs instead of skunks!
I don't tweet or text either.

Cheri said...

Hey Suzi, loved the pics. What a difference!

Becky, didja get the rain yet?

And Curly, so nice to hear from you! Yes, lilacs are so much better than skunks!

Tnfarmgirl said...

Lilacs????? LILACS???!!!!! I was told they wouldn't grow here...that our winters weren't cold enough...I LOVE lilacs - they make me think of Grandma's and Aunt Annie's and.....
might I ask where you found this WONDERFUL plant??
Love,
Cheri